Work With Us
At Intracorp, we’re invested in your success, and offer much more than the typical 9 to 5 job. With us, you’ll build not only extraordinary homes, but also an extraordinary career and solid industry reputation.
shared mission and vision
It doesn’t matter your position—at Intracorp, once you’re a part of the team, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals and find success as you define it. As a whole, we are an energetic, collaborative and passionate group, and settle for nothing less than excellence in all we do.
When you join the team, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business and have a hand in building some of the most innovative communities around.
Controller, Development Accounting
Passionate about Real Estate? Are you looking for an opportunity with an innovative company? Does the prospect of working with a talented accounting team excite you? If so, you’re probably a great fit for our position of Controller, Development Accounting!
Great organizational and time management skills, and thrive in a fast-pasted environment. You are a self-starter and a versatile team player, with excellent communication skills and enjoy collaborative problem-solving.
WE’D LIKE YOU TO HAVE…
- Exposure to a project accounting environment (bonus points for development or construction experience!)
- An accounting designation
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Quantitative and analytical skills, and an aptitude for strategic thinking
- Prior experience motivating and mentoring an awesome team whilst managing multiple projects
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A strong technical proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- An understanding of accounting software functionality
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Great interpersonal skills
- Drive, motivation and an aptitude for learning
- A good sense of humour!
We know this is a long list. If you don’t quite check all the boxes, but you do have a can-do attitude and enthusiasm by the bucket load, we would encourage you to apply.
Intracorp Homes supports equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or any other protected characteristics. We take pride in fostering an inclusive workplace where our team excel based on their merit and ability.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
You’ll walk into our vibrant downtown office and grab a cup of Starbucks from our kitchen. Reporting to our VP of Finance, you’ll spend your day leading our skilled Accounting team. You’re key to the management of our Development projects, and so you’re involved in many aspects of our operations.
- Mentor and lead our team of Project Accountants, supporting them in the execution and management of our Canadian projects
- Oversee internal and external accounting and reporting of projects, guiding teams in making smart financial decisions
- Oversee the preparation of partner draws, bank draws and proformas for active projects – think monitoring forecasts, cash management, tracking actual cashflows across projections, identifying risks and opportunities and variance analysis
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting requirements, including corporate cashflows and reports to shareholders
- Oversee and maintain processes to produce accurate and timely financial records and financial statements in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private
- Entities (ASPE), including assisting with the annual external audit
- Work closely with our VP, Finance to prepare our semi-annual Business Plan for our shareholders
- Build strong relationships with team members across the organization
Intracorp Homes has been building the extraordinary for more than 40 years. We are a sophisticated, full-service urban real estate company with collaborative teams and inhouse expertise in acquisitions, design, city approvals, debt and equity financing, construction, marketing, and sales. We strive to enhance the lives of our homeowners and add to the fabric of the existing communities in which we build.
- 2x Company-Wide Vacations
- Minimum 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Volunteer Time Off
- Professional Development Days
- Office Perks
- Company-Matched Pension Plan
- Transit Pass
- Extended Health Care
A Word From Our Team
"Beyond offering room for growth as an employee, Intracorp puts an emphasis on your development as an individual. Combining that with the high level of proficiency and experience across all our departments is what defines Intracorp as one of the premier community builders in North America."
"Intracorp is a company of talented individuals with a diverse knowledge base. This allows each of us to contribute our skills and to lean on our colleagues for support. This collaboration between our talented team members produces an extraordinary product and experience for our homeowners. As Intracorpers, we set the bar high for our projects, all while promoting a healthy, positive and fun work environment."
“At Intracorp we are committed to building the extraordinary - and that starts from within. Every Intracorper brings a unique area of expertise and a commitment to raising the bar on homeowner experience. Through collaboration and innovation, we can transform each new building into an extraordinary community with happy homeowners.”
“Working for Intracorp is extraordinary in every way. From the homes we build, to the communities we create, everyone at Intracorp goes the extra mile to make the homebuying experience unforgettable. Intracorp’s commitment to their employees, partners, and homeowners is all about providing the highest level of quality which is reflected in every home we build.”
If there isn't a current opportunity that's a good fit now, there may be one later. We're always looking for great people, so drop us a note to say hello.