As we near the end of 2021, we’re taking a moment to look back at some of the extraordinary milestones our teams achieved this year. While we were still working through challenges we had hoped to leave behind in 2020, we are grateful for the teams who continued to work hard to make the extraordinary happen, while keeping themselves, our homeowners and others safe. Our offices in Vancouver, Seattle, Newport Beach and Austin, have a lot to be proud of again this year. Please take a moment to reflect with us on a fantastic 2021, and join us in getting excited for an extraordinary 2022.
Happy Holidays from our family to yours.
- 44 East Ave topped off and sold out! Our first community in Austin will be ready for move-ins next summer.
- We continued to support one of our favorite organizations – The Trail Foundation
- Our Letter of Intent program has begun, and we completed the Presentation Center for our second Austin community – One Oak at Bouldin Creek
- Demolition started for One Oak in Austin
- Our third community in Austin was announced! Stay tuned for more information on Congress Lofts, coming in 2022.
- We topped off Maywood on the Park in Metrotown
- Construction began at Telford on the Walk in Metrotown
- We launched sales and sold all 366 homes at Telford on the Walk
- Our final Aalto Townhomes homeowners moved into their new Coquitlam homes
- We continued to support two of our favorite organizations – Covenant Houseand Burnaby Neighbourhood House
- Our Vancouver office embarked on a virtual challenge where, in just 24 days, we “travelled” almost 8,000 kilometers – from Vancouver to Seattle, to Newport Beach, to Austin and back again!
- Our first partnership with Oxford Properties was announced – Ashley Mar will bring the largest co-op rental development ever to Marine and Cambie in South Vancouver
- We gained approval for 785 rental homes in Vancouver
- In Vancouver, we’re fully vaccinated and back in the office!
- Grand opening and sell out at The Isle at Mariner Shores in 7 months
- Sold out at MDL, Irvine
- Reached stabilization at Amplifi Apartments in less than 10 months and sold and closed the asset as the highest price-per-unit sale of a market-rate multifamily community in Orange County
- Began site improvements at Docente in Claremont
- Began demolition, grading and parking garage construction at 2055 Main Apartments in Irvine – our fourth development in the IBC.
- In Seattle, we continued to support our favorite local organization, Friends of Youth
- The Julian, a 381-unit apartment in Downtown San Jose, CA completed and leased 70% of the community
- We completed construction and leased 50% of Beam, a 321-unit apartment in Seattle’s International District
- We closed on a joint-venture and land purchase to build a 295-unit apartment in Seattle’s Northgate neighborhood
- Demolition started for a 299-unit apartment community near the future 145th Light Rail Station in Shoreline, WA
- We secured 17 acres in Marysville, WA and began planning for 500 new apartment homes
- Joya, a 62-unit townhome community in Seattle began construction and our model home will open in January 2022
- We sold out Kelkari Townhomes Phase One in Issaquah, WA
- We reached 60% sold at Contempo, our offering of new townhomes in Seattle’s South Beacon Hill neighborhood
- 60% of the homes at The Towns on 145th in Shoreline, WA are now sold
- We closed on a joint-venture and land purchase to build 31 luxury townhomes in Bellevue, WA
- We advanced our plans to build 37 single family homes in Newcastle, WA
- We identified a new opportunity for 130 townhomes in Federal Way, WA
- Our City Homes Division, specializing in in-city urban townhomes secured 7 new projects (more on this in the next Issue of Extra)
- We celebrated the retirement of our long-time Division President, Mike Lierman and announced the promotion of Paul Bottge as our new President, Pacific Northwest
To stay in the know on all things Intracorp, be sure to register for EXTRA Magazine – our twice annual E-Magazine.
And, learn more about the artwork on our holiday card in our blog.