Inspired by the iconic American Industrial designer, George Nelson, Nelson on Foster brings to life the modernist mid-century details that reflect Nelson’s contemporary design. The kitchens feature pendant lights over the island capturing the unconventional design styles of the Nelson era. The simplicity of the cabinetry and warm woods keep the kitchen space clean and timeless.
Our designer Charyle Ross, founder of Ross & Company Interiors, suggests the biggest design trends of 2019 are eclectic interiors – spaces that integrate different styles and materials. This idea of mixing textures and materials closely coincides with the innovative thinking of George Nelson. Raw woods and metals mixed together in a space create a sleek modern aesthetic.
According to Charyle, here are the top design tips for creating a beautiful home:
- Paint rooms in softer, lighter colours to help make the room feel larger – Benjamin Moore’s colour of the year “Metropolitan”, a warm and muddy grey-beige, is the perfect wall colour to compliment a contemporary or traditional space.
- Mix patterns and textures to add more interest in your space
- Keep furniture scale in mind
- Don’t over accessorize
- Be careful about being matchy-matchy
- Choose a signature piece in each space to highlight
- Keeping large furniture items neutral and add colour with accessories & art
So, when looking for ways to make your new home at Nelson uniquely yours, be sure to keep these tips in mind and don’t be afraid of thinking outside the box when it comes to patterns and materials.